Some cool beach models images:
Palm Beach: The Breakers – Ponce de Leon Foyer
Image by wallyg
The Breakers Palm Beach, at 1 South County Road, was first opened by Standard Oil magnate Henry Flagler on January 16, 1896 to accommodate travelers on his Florida East Coast Railway.
Originally known as the Palm Beach Inn, it sat on the beachfront portion of the grounds of the Royal Poinciana Hotel, which Flagler had opened alongside Lake Worth in 1894. After guests began requesting rooms "over by the breakers," Flagler renamed it The Breakers in 1901.
After wooden hotel burned down in 1903 during an expansion, it was rebuilt and reopened the following year. With rooms starting at a night, the Breakers guest register included names like Rockefellers, Vanderbilts, Astors, Carnegies and Morgans alongside United States Presidents and European nobility. After The Breakers burned down again in 1926, Flagler’s heirs built the world’s finest resort as a testament to his vision.
The 550-room Beaux Arts replacement, modeled by the architectural firm of Schultze and Weaver after the Villa Medici, reopened on December 29, 1926. The twin-towers exterior was inspired by Villa Medici’s Italian Renaissance façade. Schultze and Weaver readapted the Roman villa’s 16th-century urban setting on The Breakers 140-acre oceanfront location.
National Register #73000598 (1973)
Unidentified young woman modeling by the beach
Image by State Library and Archives of Florida
Local call number: N049215
Title: Unidentified young woman modeling by the beach
Personal author: Barron, Charles
Date: ca. 1940s
General note: Charles "Chuck" Barron was a Tallahassee-based photographer. He spent much of his career working for the Florida State News Bureau, the promotional section of the Florida State Development Commission. In 1969, the Development Commission merged with the Industrial Commission to form the Department of Commerce. Barron took photographs for both the State of Florida and for freelance work.
Physical descrip: 1 transparency; col.; 7 x 5 in.
Series Title: General collection
Repository: State Library and Archives of Florida, 500 S. Bronough St., Tallahassee, FL 32399-0250 USA. Contact: 850.245.6700. Archives@dos.state.fl.us
Persistent URL: www.floridamemory.com/items/show/157018